Monday, October 22, 2012

Unforgettable week!

Getting ready for my first baptism!
     Hello everyone! This was such a week of miracles! It is so great to see the miracles we have in our lives.  Many times we are too busy to see them, but they are all around us. 
     This week our baptism was truly a miracle! Saturday was a very busy day.  We had to get the District leader to the hermana's house for her interview, fill the font, and still have three other appointments! When we arrived at Hermana Aurora's house in the early morning to see how she was feeling, she was really sick! I was wondering how this could be happening when just the day before she was feeling fine. Her pancreas was really swollen and was having really sharp pains in her stomach.  She told us, "I'm not sure hermanos if I can be baptized today." We then shared a scripture on faith, and the act of faith. She told us she wanted to be baptized for herself and for her mother who had given her so much. We decided to give her a blessing that she would be ready for that baptism. After we finished we shared our love and the Savior's love for her. We went over to the church to fill the font and had confidence that our Father in Heaven would make it happen. The district leader went over to her house a little bit later and gave her the interview.  She was ready, but still sick. We kept her in our prayers all day. We went over to her house to pick her up around five in the afternoon and she was feeling a lot better! I was so thrilled! We got her out of her bed and into her wheel chair. When we arrived at the church the members were there with open and loving arms congratulating her on this step! 


Elder Aiken's first baptism!
     We got ready to baptize her and the spirit was so strong! As we got her into the chair and carried her down to the water tears filled her eyes as she said, "Heavenly Father thank you for this miracle! I love thee my Savior!"
     We baptized her and as she came out of the water she came up she shouted, "A traves hermanos! A traves!" Which means "again brothers! Do it again!" All the members chuckled.  It was so great! I could feel my Savior's love for her! She was so happy and her face was something I will never forget! She shared her testimony which was so strong and powerful.  Even though she found the gospel later on in life, I know she will standing with our Father in Heaven after this life! 
     I was so glad to hear about my brothers return. I'm so glad that he was such a great influence to me and others around me! He has one of the most powerful testmionies I've ever heard! I love him so much! 



     I know God works miracles.  We need to show our faith, like Alma's faith when he and his brethren went to teach the Zoramites. They prayed for strength, they prayed for someone to teach, and when they prayed with faith, they had a humble people to teach and they taught with authority!! What is faith without action? It is nothing! When we exercise our faith we are drawing nearer to him. Having a testimony is not the only thing we need. We need to fully convert ourselves, with acts like the Savior, constantly searching the scriptures, and constant prayer! Pray for miracles they happen!! 
     Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment