Tuesday, October 16, 2012

My first baptism!


      What a great week it was! I am having my first baptism this week. This lady we are baptizing is paralyzed from the waist down, she was in a car accident a few years ago and has to stay in her bed everyday with no one to keep her company. We go over to her house as often as we can to share stories and scriptures and her smile that she has when we come over will always have a place in my heart. She is the kindest lady and is so willing to follow her Savior Jesus Christ.
      This Sunday we took her to church. It was difficult to get her from the bed to the taxi and into the church, but we love doing it. After church she said how much she loved the feeling in the chapel. As we finally got her back to her bed she broke down and sobbed, she said forgive me Elders for my handicap. I'm just so embarrassed and I feel like a burden to you. Elder Belexz and I were able to share a part about the Atonement of Jesus Christ and how every pain or difficulty she has, Christ feels her pain. He went through it all. I know Jesus Christ loves her so much and is calling to her. Satan is trying to tempt her by her handicap that she has and making her feel of little worth. This woman is a sweet spirit from our Father in Heaven and I am so glad I get to share my love for the gospel with her. 
      On to other things, Mexico is really growing on me. I love the people and the food is pretty good though having tortillas every meal can kind of get old. I had my first street taco, wasn't sure if I should have done it but I did and I didn't get sick either which is a plus. 
      Living with the bishop has its ups and downs. We get rides to church and he feeds us, but everytime one of the speakers doesn't show up last minute, we are speaking, ha ha. The weather is great, almost eighty degrees every day, no rain, and the nights are perfect. 
      I would like to share my love for my brother Brock as he has completed his two years of service. Such a great example and I wish him luck in the transition! Such a great brother that I have! Love you all very much have a great week!!

Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment