Wednesday, August 29, 2012

Work through trials!


     Hello! This week was great, I'm learning so much here! I'm so happy to be here to learn Spanish and to learn how to teach the gospel! 
     My district leader position didn't last long. My companion and I got called as Zone leaders for the next few weeks and I'm excited for that. 
     This week was hard not to think about BYU football. My companion had to get a cyst removed from his face, so every Wednesday morning we drive right past Lavell Edwards Stadium and I look up at the new scoreboards they have and it makes me miss BYU football a lot!  After we went to the dermatologist we went to the pharmacy to get some bandaids and they had a song playing on the radio. I don't know who the artist was or what the name of the song was but it was so weird to hear worldy music which I haven't heard in over a month ha ha! I know I'm in the right place though and this is where I'm supposed to be. 
     One thing I saw this week has really stuck with me and it actually happened to me and my companion on our Wednesday drive to the dermatologist. There was an elder in the van who has torn literally every ligament in his knee. He was serving his mission in Peru when he tore it and he had only one month left to serve. The Mission President asked him if would like to go home and end his mission. The elder told him no, that this would not be the end of his mission and there was so much work left for him to do! He decided to finish his work as a missionary in the referral center. I thought that was awesome! He was a great example. I think some missionaries just would have finished there mission right then, but this elder didn't. He knew that the Lord has never given up on him so why should he give up on the Lord right before the finish line! That has strengthened my faith tremendously and I'm so excited to give my time and efforts to serve others in Mexico! When the trials come, that's when we need to work harder! And the Lord will bless and help us through those trials. 
     I'm so grateful to be an instrument in the Lord's hands, to be a part of this great and wonderful church, and I'm so grateful for the privilege I have in serving others! This church is true, I know it with all my heart, The Book of Mormon is the word of God and has been given to us by revelation to the prophets and through their words! I treasure the time I get to read in it, I love applying the the truths into my life as a missionary and it has become such a strength to be able to read out of it everyday!! Have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken



No comments:

Post a Comment