Thursday, August 9, 2012

Week #2 in the MTC!

     This week has gone by so fast, I cannot believe I got dropped of two weeks ago!  This week was a very spiritual week even though there is a nasty cold going around which I happened to catch.  I also have a pretty infected ingrown toe nail, awesome I know! 
     The Lord has taught me some great lessons in such a short time. I have learned to study the scriptures as often as I can.  This past devotional we had another area seventy and he spoke about the miracle of the Book of Mormon.  Did you know that Joseph Smith translated that book in about 70 days, seven pages a day? That is incredible!  Did you also know that Joseph Smith had over 200 lawsuits against him? Wow, I can't even begin to comprehend the amount of faith he had! The Book of Mormon is the word of God, it teaches us all in different ways we must listen to what the Lord wants to teach us through the Holy Ghost. 
I love going into reading the Book of Mormon with a question in mind and it seems every time I read I find an answer to that question! 
     The MTC food is getting so old!  Cod nuggets and carboard waffles are starting to take a toll on me!  The spirit can be felt all around here, knowing that we are all serving our Heavenly Father and bringing others unto Christ, it is truly an awesome work we are engaged in!  
     We have 10 missionaries in our district and we are all super close now and love each others examples that are being set.  Four missionaries are going to Guadalajara, Mexico, 4 are going to Columbia, and me and my comp are going to Leon!  Funny thing is that my Branch President, President Mortensen was the Mission President in Leon and has given some great advice! 
     Love you all have a great week!!

Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment