Wednesday, August 15, 2012

The Power of Prayer!




     Que Pasa familia? How are you all doing? I'm am doing just great. This week my ingrown toe nails are gone and I'm not sick anymore! 
     This week I would like to talk about the power of prayer. I had an experience this week that strengtehned my testimony tremendously about prayer and its importance in our lives. I was praying very, very hard for an answer that I desperately wanted to know. I had strong faith I would recieve that answer.  As I went walking into sacrament meeting this Sunday, I had a good feeling that my answer would come that day!  As my branch president uttered some words that stuck out to me, and were exactly the words I was looking for, the spirit fell over me and I knew that my prayer had been answered. Prayer is so important in our lives!



     My favorite story of prayer is in the book of Enos, where Enos is filled with grief and burdens.  He kneels down to his Heavenly Father and prays all the day long pleading for a remission of his sins that his burdens may become light. The Lord tells Enos that he his forgiven of all his sins for the great faith that he had shown. The Book of Mormon has many great examples of prayer and I'm trying to apply all that I can into my personal prayers.  
     We need to be grateful for everything that the Lord has given us. We need to ask Him questions and show faith and personal righteousness so that we can recieve answers to those questions! We should tell the Lord how our day has been and ask for guidance and help in what we can do better in improving our lives! I love my Savior Jesus Christ!  I love setting aside just a few short moments a few times a day to talk to my Father in Heaven! He wants to hear from each and everyone of us! If any us are struggling with prayer I would challenge them to start praying now!! It is so key in our lives! We are taught as missionaries to constantly have prayer in our heart and to pour out our concerns and struggles to our Father in Heaven! 
     Yo se que jesucristo is mi redonter, el es my salvador! dios contesta nuestros oraciones. Estoy agradecido por la oportunidad servir mi mision, es muy importante tener oracion en nuestros vidas! Dios y jesucristo son amiable y amoroso y quieren oir de nosotros cada dia!
     Have a great week!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment