Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Priesthood Power!



     Buenos Dias! Wow this week was truly amazing!          The first experience I had was last Thursday. There is an Elder here from France. He is in our zone and is such a strong member of the Church. But last Thursday my companion and I were asked to speak with him because he was struggling. We walked into the room to speak with him and he broke down and really cried. He told us how he was ready to go home and that he couldn´t do it here in the MTC anymore. The culture was just a really hard thing for him to adjust to. My companion and I shared our love for him and I shared a scripture with him in D&C section 121 when Joseph Smith was in Liberty Jail and was going through some really difficult times. He prayed to the Lord asking why must we go through this torment, why must the hearts of these people be so corrupt?The Lord comforted him and it says in verses 7 & 8: "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment; And then if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes."  He seemed to feel a little better but was still really struggling. I could see it in his eyes as tears ran down his cheeks. I asked him if we could give him a blessing he said he would love that. My companion, another district leader and I, all got ready to put our hands on his head, but none of us had given a blessing before. We knew how to start a blessing but did not know what to say. I was a bit nervous but I felt in my heart that I needed to use this opportunity and use my priesthood authority. I thought back to all the great fathers blessings my dad had given me and peace came to my soul as I started the blessing. I knew not the words I would say but as I began I felt the words flow to my mouth and the spirit came over me so strong. I felt the love Heavenly Father had for this Elder and he had an important mission that was needed to be served. As I closed the blessing, the spirit in the room was something like I haven't felt. I knew that if I ask in faith, and that if this Elder would show his faith, the Lord would bless him.    

     The next day we talked to him and this Elder was doing so much better! He was able to focus on what was important and he was able to put a smile on his face. That was one of the greatest moments I've ever felt knowing that the priesthood is truly a great and marvelous gift from God and we should always be prepred to use it, because we may be called on to use it when it's least expected.

     This Elder is serving in the Montreal, Canada Spanish speaking mission and will be his seventh language he has learned! He is incredibly smart and I can't wait to hear about the success he has.

     I testify God lives, Jesus Christ died for our sins and through the Atonement we can be made clean. I know that through the priesthood authority that has been given to us we can bless others lives. I'm so grateful for such a wonderful dad who has truly blessed my life! Grateful for a wonderful mom who has always taught great principles of the gospel to our family and has always been there for me! I'm greatful for my brother Brock and the terrific example he has set and not only how much he has blessed my life but others. I'm also so grateful for my younger brother Trevor! He is a stud and I know he will be a great missionary when the time comes!

     Less than 3 weeks and I'll be in Mexico! I'm a little nervous because I probably won't understand a thing that is spoken to me but I know the Lord will help me out!  Have a great week love you all!  

Elder Tanner Aiken

         

No comments:

Post a Comment