Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Merry Christmas!

Singing carols in the Plaza

     Hello everyone!  It was different spending Christmas away from home.  Here there is no snow - it's in the mid 60's.  But I am so happy to wear the name of Jesus Christ and to be his servant.
     As it says in Luke 1: 31-33:  "And behold, thou shalt conceive in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name JESUS.  He shall be great and shall be called the Son of the Highest: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David.  And he shall reign over the house of Jacob forever; and his kingdom there shall be no end." 
     I'm so grateful for Jesus Christ, for his sacrifice for us and to have a Heavenly Father that loves each and every one of us.  I'm grateful that I was brought up by such a great family to be able to serve in these last days and bring this gospel to the people of Mexico. We can see that God is speeding up his work, there is no more time to be a 50%-er.  You're either on the Lord's side or you're not.  We cannot serve 2 masters, for you'll love one and despise the other.  Choose this day whom you will serve.
     As I walk through the streets here in Mexico, I see such poverty.  I see sadness and pain, wives without husbands, children without fathers and a variety of people misled by the ways of the world.  I am so very grateful to have the light of Jesus Christ, his gospel and his Atonement and to share the light with others.  This  Christmas and New Year we need to be sharers of that light and share the joy we have.  Jesus born of humble birth had little, but gave us so very much.  We can show our gratitude by our willingness to serve and to follow him.  
     I think to past Christmases when we'd wake up and have a ton of gifts for us under the tree.  I think of the times of ungratefulness and wondering, "did I get everything I asked for?"  I know for sure there will be plenty of people waking up to no gifts!  My hope and prayer is that we can turn our gratitude to the Savior and be so very grateful for the wonderful blessings He has given us.  
     While being with all of you this Christmas sounds very nice, I know this is where I'm supposed to be.  I know this Church is true! I know that Jesus Christ died for us all and through his Atonement we can be healed from our sins.  I know God loves us so very much and is directing and guiding our paths back to Him!
     I love you all and hope you had the best Christmas and have a Happy New Year!  Remember, "your future is as bright as your faith!"

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

    

No comments:

Post a Comment