Monday, December 17, 2012

Merry Christmas!


     Today was a transfer day here! I now have a new companion and his name is Elder Ruiz from Veracruz Mexico. Really funny guy!  I'm very excited to learn more things from him and progress the work we have going in our area! 
     This week Elder Velez and I had all of our baptisms fall through, so it was a bit sad to see people that said they knew these things to be true suddenly disappear.
     However, this week was also one of strengthening my testimony of the gospel. We have been teaching the sister of the bishop, she is Catholic and and doesn't have much knowledge of the gospel! This week we talked about the faith in Jesus Christ. She loved that message and shared with us the trials she has had. She said she has lost three babies, two at birth and one after 9 months! I can not imagine having to go through that pain of losing three children.  She and her husband show so much love for their only daughter. Every time we visit she asks if we are hungry and what she can get for us. Right now I'm praying so very hard that Heavenly Father may answer her prayers so that she can one day find the truth and make it a goal to go to the temple and be sealed to her family! 
     The woman in the bread shop has kept having us come back and teach her, she said that she had been having problems in her family and had been praying for somone to help her. She said she thinks we were her answer but doesn't want to change her Catholic beliefs. 
     Right now it is a bit tough with the way it has been going with investigators this week, seeing them not accept this beautiful message of the Restoration and follow our Savior.  It makes me a little sad seeing they won't have that in their lives but I have learned that it is all on God's time and His will! My testimony has strentgthened this week even though we have had our struggles we are still pressing forward. I know we will find someone soon that will come to the knowledge of the gospel! I know that if we all keep faced towards Zion nothing can stop us in keeping us from those we promised to find.   
     This Christmas I'm so very grateful for my relationship I have with my Father in Heaven, for his Son Jesus Christ who has made it possible to take away the pains and sins of every person. I have personally felt God's love for me and for others through the Atonement of Jesus Christ! I think about the new star that appeared at the birth of Jesus Christ and how it lead others to the manger to see the Son of God. I know that I can make it a new goal to better my life and the lives of others! If we follow the example of Jesus Christ I personally testify that we will have joy and peace that no one else can bring to us in this life. I know that this Church is the only true church on the earth today, and is directed by a modern day prophet called of God! I also testify that Joseph Smith saw God and his only begotten Son Jesus Christ and restored His church and authority to the earth! I can promise each and every one of you that if we open our hearts to Jesus Christ and keep those commandments which have been set for us, we will return to live with Him once again. This work is such a blessing to be a part of, to see that God can put you in the path of a person at a direct place and time and see that God has been preparing them to listen to the message. 
     I love you all so much and hope you have a wonderful Christmas time and a very good New Year!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment