Monday, January 6, 2014

Happy New Year!


Elder Aiken on 'Utah Ave'!
      Hello Everyone! I hope you all had a wonderful New Years! This week has really left me to ponder on all the great moments I had on my mission this year, and they have all been great! I can think of the doors being slammed in my face, the hot summer months, and other times of discouragement. But what triumphs all of those hard times has been seeing the change and happiness that the gospel brings into peoples lives. Having invited them to come to church weekly, to stop drinking/smoking, live the law of chastity, and then to finally see them walk down into the waters of baptism has never brought me so much joy and happiness! There have been some wonderful people I have met over the past year, many people I know that I was sent here to meet. 
     I can say the most important thing I have learned this year and over the time on my mission is that Jesus Christ lives! I know that nothing else on this earth can bring someone true happiness than accepting Jesus Christ as their Savior and following His example. I know that God Loves each and everyone of us, and is proud of us when we keep His commandments and do the things that He has asked us to do. Though their might be times when we feel that we have done all we can, He in turn will then ask us to do more. 
     We have been teaching a wonderful mom and daughter for the past two weeks. This mom that we are teaching is a super mom, she works everyday of the week besides one, from 8:30 at night until 4:30 in the morning milking cows, which many people say is a man's job. After returning home and sleeping for a few hours, she is able to get ready and come listen to our lessons with her daughter. She has told us the sacrifice is worth it! She said, "though I am so tired, I feel something everytime I come over here to hear your message. It's noticable that as soon as you leave that feeling isn't the same." We invited her to be baptized this week and she has accepted a baptismal date. Her daughter will be baptized on the 19th of this month, but she is praying for God's help so that she can change her work schedule to not work on Sundays! Her daughter was able to come to church this week, and has absolutely loved it! 
     God is a god of miracles! I have no doubt when we tell God that we will do whatever it takes to follow Him, He will move even the biggest obstacles out of our paths so that we can accomplish what He has asked us to do! 
     I love this work, I love every moment which I have to serve. I hope these next 7 months are my best on my mission!  I hope you all have a great week!!  I love you! 

Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment