Monday, December 16, 2013

Christmas miracles!

After a Zone football game with Pres. Gelwix - not rugby!
     Hello!  What a great week! The Lord has been so good to us in our area. With transfers here again, Elder Castaneda and I will be staying together again!! Woo hoo! We are so excited. 


Our Zone's Christmas party!
     An experience of a miracle that we had in our area this week was truly amazing. Elder Castaneda and I had 2 appointments fall through. We knew we needed to go and knock doors, but as we drove around their was no impression to stop the car. As we drove street after street we felt like it wasn't where we were supposed to be. We decided to pull out the ward list, but after reading through it for a matter of minutes we still felt like that was not the most important thing right now. As we drove around the corner we felt an impression to stop the car right next to this park. We looked over to the park benches and saw a man sitting there reading a book and we decided that's who we need to talk to. We said a prayer and walked over to him. As we approached him we noticed he was reading a book called, "What Does the Bible Really Teach?" We told him who we were and after some inspired questions asked him if we could share a message with him of Jesus Christ. He said yes and we sat and asked him the "question question", If you could ask God one question what would you ask Him? He paused a moment and said, "I would like to know the truth! Why are there so many churches on the earth today? Elder Castaneda and I both smiled and we reviewed with him the Restoration. The Spirit was with us that entire lesson! We invited him to be baptized and he said "yes"! What a great miracle that the Lord had directed us to be placed in that situation. 
     I know God lives, I have seen His hand in this work too many times to deny that! As well this week, we had another truly inspiring miracle. A woman named Juanita, who we have been teaching for a matter of weeks, has been praying about the Book of Mormon. As we went over there for a few weeks, she began to get discouraged.  She asked, "why isn't God answering my prayers? I pray and pray but no answer ever comes." We had taught her many times how to recognize the Holy Ghost, but she still wasn't receiving her answer. We ourselves became a little discouraged but we trusted in the Lord's timetable. After praying for her for a few weeks, we went over to her house on Friday night. She had made us an awesome dinner and as we sat down to begin the lesson, she told us that she had received her answer. She said that she had a dream about the end of the world and that she needed to be saved. She said that something told her that she needed to be baptized into the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints! We have set a baptismal date for her on December 29th! 
     I am so grateful each and everyday to be a part of this work! I know that this is the true Church of Jesus Christ on the earth today! The Book of Mormon is the word of God! Read it everyday, there is such a powerful spirit to it that cannot be denied! I have started again to read the New Testament reading the 4 gospels. My goal is to become more like Jesus Christ. Having read it before I felt like I learned important things, but now my focus is on Him and how I can become like Him. I love Jesus Christ! He is our Savior and Redeemer! I hope we can all remember Him this Christmas season and strive to become like Him! I love you all. 

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas Elder Aiken!!! What wonderful Christmas miracles you are having. I love reading your stories!

    ReplyDelete