Monday, July 29, 2013

The pure influence of the Spirit!

Elder Pazmino, Jorge and me at Jorge's baptism!


     Hello everyone! This week has been a true blessing from the Lord.  First, we had Jorge's baptism.  He's the man who ran after us on the street a few weeks ago asking if we were from the same church he found in Mexico.  We were so grateful we found each other, and his baptism was one I'll never forget. 
     Also this week, Elder Pazmino and I saw some true miracles. We had four of our investigators at church.  We had been working so hard to invite all that we could to church!! We prayed and prayed that the Lord would help us to have people there and the Lord blessed us.
     This week we have been teaching the woman that cuts our hair, her name is Ari. She has a 7 year old daughter and lives with her boyfriend Sal. This week we taught the importance of families and how they can live together forever.  Sal, who never even seemed interested in one word we were saying, asked how and when he could marry Ari! I was absolutely shocked, but the spirit had softened his heart in that moment, and I knew that God had a perfect plan for this family. We invited them to be baptized on August 11th and they said yes. They are currently working on getting their wedding license! 
     I feel this week, more than ever, I've felt the pure influence of the spirit in all that we do.  It was such a good feeling to know that the Lord is using us as tools in His hands to lead us to His people that are prepared to hear the gospel. I have a testimony of this gospel!  I know that God lives and loves everyone of us! This is the true Church of Jesus Christ here upon the earth! I challenge each of you to pray continually everyday for missionary experiences and I know the Lord will bless you and help you to share the gospel with those who are prepared to receive it. Have a good week!  Love you all!!

Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment