Monday, July 8, 2013

New companion!

Elders from my District!
     This week has been a good one! This week was transfers, and although I was sad to see my last companion go, I was excited about the news from President Gelwix that I have the opportunity to train again! Being District leader and Trainer have been so much fun. I have loved getting to know the Elders in my District. We are all best friends!! 
     This week when we went to go pick up my companion, they put all the trainers in one room and all the trainees in another, and we wait for about three to four hours while president Gelwix prays for our companionships! While sitting in that room I felt comforted that the Lord would put me in a good companionship, one that I would feel right at home with. When we walked into the trainee room I just felt so glad to be there, it is so much fun to see a whole group of new missionaries who look so faithful and excited to get going. As President began announcing names for companionships, I was still unsure who my companion would be. As President called my name and he said Elder Pazmino, I knew for sure that I had the right companion. As I ran over to hug him we sat down and he began to tell me that he new I was his companion as soon as I walked in the room. He told me that he had a dream 2 weeks before his mission and saw that I would be his companion. I was so grateful that the Lord had prepared my companion to be with me! Funny thing is my trainer in Mexico was from Ecuador! I am currently helping him learn English and loving every moment I get to better my Spanish! I don't know what it is but the Lord must be telling me something! It's probably just because I love the Spanish people so much! 
     This week I was so grateful to see our Branch be as full as it has ever been this week. Elder Pazmino and I did all that we could to go around and invite all that we could to church. We know it paid off because the branch numbers were almost near a ward level! 
     I truly love this gospel! I am so grateful for my Savior Jesus Christ and to have these small two years to serve Him! With this new age of missionaries coming in you can truly sense that the hastening of the work has begun! I love it! Have a great week!!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment