Tuesday, April 30, 2013

"Fear Not...."

Attended the Fresno Temple yesterday!
     Hello everyone! This week has been a week of miracles! To start off the week on Tuesday, Elder Arredondo and I had almost finished a really hard day.  We had almost all of our appointments fall through and were looking for the next option. As we went back to our car we looked down the road only to see a woman with her son running towards our vehicle. I looked at my companion thinking what is this lady doing?? She frantically knocked on our car window so we rolled it down and she said, "thank heavens! I am from Southern California and I am about to lose custody of my son in a court battle tomorrow. I saw you two walking down the street in the exact moment that I was thinking I needed a priesthood blessing"! She told us that she has been bouncing between activity and inactivity the past couple years, but has always tried to remain faithful to the Church. She asked if we could give her a blessing. We had nowhere to go without another man being present, but luckily we were right next to the Church so we pulled out a chair and gave her a blessing in the doorway! She broke down in tears and thanked us. She also told us that she had no place to stay and we told her not to worry. We told her we have such a great ward and that she'd have somewhere to sleep. We also were able to find a member that let her stay the night. I really felt that God had put us right there in that moment to help a woman who was in need of a priesthood blessing! 



     This week we were also able to have a baptism with one lady we have been teaching over the last month. Satan was throwing everything at her and us. Many of the plans we had set a week before, that were perfectly solid, began to fall through the day of the baptism. It was really stressful thinking that she may not have been baptized if it wasn't for the help of our ward mission leader! It was a great baptismal service and the spirit was really strong. We were so grateful that the Lord had softened her heart and prepared her to be baptized! 
    Later that night, after the baptism, we went to one of our strong potential investigators. After just feeling the spirit at the baptism it had motivated us to go out and invite someone to be baptized that night. We went over to a house to visit Ruben. We taught him the Restoration of the gospel and the power of that spirit in the room was so strong! We invited him to be baptized on the 19th of May and he said yes! We were so thrilled and has truly motivated us to invite and invite and invite!! 
     I know that this Church is true! I know that Jesus Christ atoned for all our sins!! I know that God lives and knows each and everyone of us personally! Missions are the best thing ever! This has been the hardest, most satifying, and the most fun time I have had in my life! I don't know how you can feel all those emotions in one, but on a mission anything is possible! I love you all have a great week!! "Fear not for the Lord is on our side"!!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment