Monday, March 11, 2013

New mission record!



    This week has been really busy!  I have learned so much and love both of my companions.
      This week, we set a record with 307 new investigators, the most ever seen in the Fresno mission in one week! We are working so hard.  This week I have already been able to do three baptismal interviews and have two more this weekend.  My companionship has been asked by President Gelwix to give a forty five minute training to three different zones on how we can teach everyone that we find, instead of contacting them and just setting a return appointment. I am really excited about it. 
     Also this week we found 12 new investigators who have been really prepared. One that comes to mind is a man named Larry.  When we knocked on his door he was pretty happy to see us.  He has had many health issues and is almost totally confined to a wheelchair.  He explained to us how he has no family left and has no friends in the world.  He told us what his life felt like.  He said he was just existing instead of living. He said he has been looking for a year to find what path he should take.  Not only did my heart ache for this man, but I also saw a child of God who was so prepared to hear the gospel!  We shared about the Book of Mormon and the peace that it brings into our lives.  He was so thrilled to see young aged men at his door to comfort him and love him. We have more set up this week with him and have a really strong feeling about his future. 
     This work is fantastic, wonderful, and amazing!  I have so many words to describe it!  I am also having so much fun getting to know all the elders in my zone and district.  We are all very united and know our purpose to bring others unto Christ.  Have a great week everyone!

Love,
Elder Tanner Aiken

No comments:

Post a Comment